The summer season is long gone, temperatures aren’t quite what they were four months ago and we may well be on our way into the winter, but tourism in Spain doesn’t simply grind to a halt.
• In fact, for some people winter is the ideal time of the year to get away: Sun beds by the pool are easier to come by, the streets less hectic and it’s an opportunity to escape the drab grey skies and cold mornings in the UK to briefly revive the sense of summer. Spain is a large country and if sitting baking in the sun is not for you, there is always plenty going on for you to see given the country’s renowned cultural activity and sport.
• If you’re visiting Spain in November, we have outlined a what’s on guide below, of the more notable events taking place this month.
• Festivals – BIME Festival The Biscay International Music Experience (BIME), which takes place around 19 – 23 November, is a coming together of music professionals with the objective of connecting and exchanging ideas aimed towards triggering new business.
• A range of musical performances will be succeeded by 50 artists and DJs performing across five stages on the final two days of the festival. One of the stages will showcase the work solely of Basque Country based artists, while another will host a guest country; the remaining three stages will be mixed.
• Personnel from the Spanish and international recording industry, music producers and promoters and various others in-the-know, will all be at the festival, held at the Bilbao Exhibition Centre (BEC) in Baracaldo and in Rekalde’s Music Hall in Bilbao.
Keep an eye on BIME’s official website for further information at http://bime.net/en/.