It’s not long now until the opening of one of Spain’s most popular international jazz festivals. The festival is situated in the idyllic town of San Javier in Murcia and is between June 29th & July 27th.
• 2014 is the 25th annual festival and this year is in tribute to the memory of recently deceased musicians who have played the festival in previous years. It is needless to say that anyone visiting the festival can expect nothing short of world class talent from across the globe. Acts attending are travelling to San Javier from across the globe from Switzerland to New Orleans, showing the festival organizers really have gone all out to bring the best of the best to San Javier. From the famous European pianist Thierry Lang (this being his first time to Spain), to one of best soul singers Bettye LaVette, the programme of around 25 acts is set to impress and amaze this festival’s audience. You can even expect to see the original Blues Brothers band performing!
• Tickets range from 15 to 26 Euros depending which act you wish to see with a full pass in the region of 100 euros (which does, however, exclude a couple of performances). Even if you only wish to see some of the performances you will not be left short of things to do and see in between the shows.
• The stunning town stands on the coast of the Mediterranean in south eastern Spain and is nothing short of the perfect location for the relaxed atmosphere that accompanies soothing Jazz music.
• Thanks to Murcia’s San Javier International Airport, getting to the festival will be a breeze. Even the area’s renowned climate adds to the experience! It is said that a constant Spring climate exists in San Javier with monthly temperature averages of June and July being higher than 21ºC.
• With the gentle breezes of the Levant, visitors can expect a very calm pleasant climate suited to those who prefer a more mellow climate to other places in Spain. With a plethora of accommodation, restaurants and places to visit, this really will be a trip to remember.
For more information on everything from booking tickets to where you can stay, you can visit the official festival website here …
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
Or visit http://jazz.sanjavier.es/en/entradas.html